Friday, October 22, 2010

Flowers

The other day I saw Sam coming home from an afternoon of trying to fly his kite.   It wasn't really kite flying weather,  but being the 6 year old optimist that he is that wasn't going to stop him. I opened the front door to greet him.  He was holding the kite (a tangled mess) in one hand and these flowers in his other.  He said "You were right Mommy, no wind".  I wish I hadn't been.



This morning I was wondering why my husband was taking so long to get back from taking Sam to Kindergarten.  The door bell rang and I could tell from the silhouette in the glass of the front door that it was him.  I opened the door and he was holding these.





I am a lucky girl.

3 comments:

  1. What a cute story about Sam.. Kids can just break your heart can't they ?
    And well done Mr Monica.. every woman I know [me included] is a sucker for flowers.
    Have a lovely weekend..
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Hubby is a keeper for sure. Men can be very sweet when they think about it.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you!